Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gum Tree



Gum Tree.


Today I witnessed a life
passing away in front of me
There was nothing I could do
I thought of the pain that must have endured
Watching others removing this life was devastating
Watching it falling piece by peace
Being carted away bit by bit
And their was nothing I or any one could do
To save this life
There was permission to do this
No one could argue the fact
And others could be in danger because of it
But that did not stop the fact it was a life
Living and helping us to breath
As they started to saw down the limbs
They would put them through a machine and it was gone
I could not hear the screams And I could not feel the pain
But I will think again
of the wonder of that wonderful
Gum tree that gave us shade
And gave rest to many others passing by possums, and birds,
Insects and the other living creatures it protected all this time
And may it rest in peace
And I thank God for the sun shine that shines each day
And the wonder of being able to see the sky in its place.

Inspired by the spirit of a wonderful tree.


L.G.J 23.08.05

No comments: